Grubmaster and Duty Roster Info
Attached are basic instructions for being a Grubmaster, preparing menus, and assigning duty roster for weekend campouts. There are also links for cooking and skits.
Forest Glen Backpackers,
Please on arrive Friday at GLC by 5:30pm sharp we need to have a early departure of 6pm for a timely arrival. about 4 a hour drive time
Eat dinner at home or bring a sack lunch. We will not be stopping for dinner. We will not be using the trailer . Everything you need should be in your backpack (Double check it!) .
All the documents for the trip can be accessed through the links listed above. The roster, schedule, map to camp. Please review and print the attached to “Be Prepared”, see what patrol you are in, regulations of the camp and … ..
Here is additional information you will need to know
On arrival we will go to the Group Campsite (see trail map)
Camping (See Forest Glen Info Trail Distance link above)
Permitted in established sites only
Campfires/Firewood (See Forest Glen Info Trail Distance link above)
Campfires only permitted in existing fire pits.
Unattended fires are to be cold-out.
At Ranger Station potable .
Dispose of Waste
KYBO (pit toilet) at Campsites
Pack out all garbage
Backpacking (5miles, 15miles) Camping, Cooking backpack one pot meals.
- See attached personal gear and crew gear list .
- Wear khaki scout shirt. Required to/from the event and for flags.
- $20 cash we can purchase a Forest Glenn patch for $5 . Also we will be stopping for Lunch on the Sunday return trip. .
- Mess kit - NO paper or plastic eating utensils will be provided
- Pen and paper
- Rain Gear
- 2 Water bottles
- Appropriate clothing (Rain/Cold Gear), see weather below
- Bring your tent! It rides with you to/from the campout
Weather for Forest Glen IL 10/17
Friday ~ low 41°, 50 % Chance of Rain
Saturday ~ hi 59° – low 42°, 10% Chance of Rain
Sunday ~ hi 53° – low 67° , 0% Chance of Rain
Emergency - Dial 911
Ranger Cell Phone 1 217 304 8603